WIAW + Spiced Vanilla Chai Oat Recipe
I cannot believe it is already Wednesday again! Time for round 2 of my What I Ate Wednesday post with a truly amazing oatmeal recipe!
For the past three nights, I have been a total dinner hater! I have not sat down and had a real meal for dinner. Instead, I’ve been snacking on a lot of random things. Last night was no different.
This has included throwing this amazing salsa on whatever I can find…
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothies…
Lots of Baby Carrots, apples, and various other veggies and fruit.
These great Lentil Crackers…
Topped with some of this…
And Peanut Flour Sauce. [peanut flour + stevia + water]
I had to go into school early today to finish a test, so luckily I had some awesome Overnight Oats waiting to be devoured by me! J This may be my new favorite oat recipe! If you keep reading this post you will find the recipe! This morning, I literally ate this HUGE bowl of oats in under 10 minutes because I was time crunched. It was a little disgusting.
I am really starting to hate school for not allowing me to sit down and eat a real lunch.
Lunch today consisted of a salad, a nectarine, a string cheese, and Luna Protein Bar. Oh, and the best part – a little treat of an Iced Coffee from McDonalds with Sugar Free Vanilla syrup! J
Maybe I will get in the mood for a real dinner tonight, but for right now, I’m eating another smoothie! What can I say? No air conditioning at my school leaves me craving these things!
Here is the recipe for my oats I’ve been bragging about. This is seriously sooo yummy!
Spiced Vanilla Chai Oats
- ½ – ¾ cup of original oats
- 1 tsp of Chia Seeds
- 1 ½ cup of hot water
- 1 vanilla chia tea bag [I use Bigelow]
- ½ tsp vanilla extract [can be reduced to ¼ tsp]
- 1-2 tsp stevia or sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- Steep your bag of tea in the hot water for 5-10 minutes. You want a strong Chai flavor.
- Pour tea over oats in a bowl with vanilla extract and cook either on the stove or microwave. I microwaved mine for a total of 2 minutes or so. You have to really watch your oats to be sure they do not spill over in the microwave.
- Stir in cinnamon and stevia.
- Let oats sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon and/or stevia if desired.
- Eat hot or cold! I have eaten these both ways. If hot, add a little more water, stir, and microwave for 45 seconds to a minute.
I have a feeling this oatmeal will be making many reappearances! You can also play around with the oat to chia seed ratio. I just kind of threw in whatever I was feeling. Less oats + More chia seeds might be good. More of both may be better. All I know is I love this combination of ingredeints, especially for fall!
Also.. I really enjoyed this article! You should check it out!